Monday, July 14, 2014

Slowing Things Down

My apologies that today's post did not get put up at the usual time and as expected. It is a work in progress and I'm happy that the reason it is not up is not due to illness or other problems but due to the fact that I was making a photo. The photo was an experiment that failed. Well, I suppose no experiment that teaches you something is a failure, but the results were not what I expected. Mainly it was due to the fact that garden flowers do not have the luminescence under UV light that I expected and that the moonrise calculator I used online was off by an hour because Saskatchewan and Mexico City are the only smart places in North America who do not participate in daylight savings time.

Summer is a great time for making photos, not as great for processing and writing posts because the winter will come too soon and too harsh to waste any opportunity to be outside enjoying the weather and photographing. The second reason that posting may slow down in this space is because I'm running very low on material ready to share. That doesn't mean I don't have ideas and photos brewing in the back of my mind but the images that are ready to go are growing fewer by the week. The third, and most significant, reason is that we are growing closer to the arrival of our baby which involves preparations and will involve a pleasant shifting of priorities in the next while.

I still welcome your visits, contributions and sharing my work with those you feel would benefit from, or appreciate, it. There may simply be occasional gaps in upcoming posts. By no means is this work complete or forgotten about. I may simply be even more aware and prudent about making the most of every opportunity available to me to create a new photo.

I expect to share this week's post with in the next two days and will try to have more work prepared ahead of time in case we have an early arrival of our family's addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment