Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Nursing Pillow


My apologies for the length of time between posts. As you can see, I've been a little busy. :)

I've always had a hesitation to hold babies. There are a few factors such as shyness, inexperience, uncertainty and fear of not holding them safely or securely. Most of those still exist for me but my experience and confidence are growing, shyness is gone because it's our child and securely holding them is greatly improved thanks to the nursing pillow pictured above.

Many nursing pillows, like the one I use to hold our baby, are U-shaped so that it wraps around my waist. A form of that shape helps it stay in place and allows me an arm or two free if I need to maneuver a bit. The biggest improvement I learned about from the ever problem solving Heather. She told me of how she modified her pillow to tie in the back so that she could feel safe about having her baby on her lap while completing the tasks necessary to keep her family running well.

I don't feel the need for those ties and am fortunate that my time with our daughter is for enjoyment. I never need to hold her and try to complete the essential tasks at the same time. Though I do find my available time to do what I need to do, and what I want to do, quite stretched thin and I don't have the work load my wife does. More quality sleep would help in getting things done more easily, and I truly don't need to be told it will get better. We know it will, but that doesn't help on the days following a bad night.

Until she's climbing all over me I will appreciate this pillow that allows me to hold our bundle closer.

Source: Most baby supply stores and some department stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment